About 125 employees at Quoniam pursue a common purpose: creating value through innovation and science-based investing for a better tomorrow.
Quoniam creates successful investment solutions for institutional investors. These solutions are based on our research- and data-driven methodology, a state-of-the-art IT platform and decades of market experience of our experts. As a pioneer in data-driven asset management, we have stood for innovative equity, bond and multi-asset strategies for 25 years.
What drives us
Purpose and Vision
The world is changing – and so are the challenges for investors. The financial industry plays a central role in the transformation of economy and society to a more sustainable system. As asset managers, we have the task of accompanying our stakeholders – clients, employees, shareholders, society and the planet – in this transformation. In doing so, we create added value at various levels.
Creating value through innovation and science-based investing. For a better tomorrow.
To be the go-to data-driven asset manager for investors worldwide.
Our core values
- We act in our clients’ best interests.
- We live a can-do attitude and a positive mindset.
- We are ambitious and hold ourselves to high performance standards.
- We have a clear understanding of our goals, and when done is better than perfect.
- We embrace diversity of thought through constructive dialogue, seek challenge and feedback, and then decide.
- We move forward as one and individually take responsibility.
- We support each other and solve challenges together.
- We work together with mutual respect, appreciation and an inclusive approach.
- We innovate to meet our clients’ needs and achieve our common goals.
- We challenge the status quo and are open-minded.
- We learn continuously from each other and seek ideas externally.
- We value failure as one of several stepping stones towards success.
Trust and Authenticity
- We build trust through transparent communication.
- We leverage ourselves by trusting each other’s abilities.
- We give and take responsibility, empowering everyone to contribute to our success.
- We create an environment where everyone can be their authentic selves.
A strong foundation
Quoniam Asset Management GmbH is part of the DZ BANK Group and is owned by Union Asset Management Holding AG as the main shareholder and the managing partners of Quoniam. The DZ BANK Group’s investment in Quoniam dates back to the founding of the company in 1999. Thanks to its ownership and its integration into the cooperative financial network, Quoniam can therefore build on a strong financial foundation.
Union Investment Group
Union Investment (Union Asset Management Holding AG) is responsible for all asset management activities within the Genossenschaftliche FinanzGruppe. With € 433 billion in assets under management, it is one of Germany’s leading fund management companies.
DZ Bank Group
With total assets of € 627 billion, the DZ Bank Group is the second-largest banking group in Germany (as at 31 December 2022). Within the Cooperative Financial Network, DZ BANK AG acts as the central institution and central bank for the more than 700 cooperative banks.
Our innovation story
- New product Equities Climate Transformation
- Development Purpose & Vision
- New Strategy Multi-Asset Global Data Sentiment
- New products tailored to individual customer needs: Global Equities SDG, Bonds MinRisk SGB
- Research more efficient: cloud technology, migration to Python
- Pioneering projects on strategy, technology and corporate culture
- Establishment of a role dedicated to Culture, Diversity & Inclusion
- Establishment of the Quant View Webcast as a digital live event
- Pioneering strategy and technology projects
- Introduction of the OKR management method and further development of agile working methods
- 20-year company anniversary
- Quoniam integrates sustainability criteria into SICAV family
- Partner programme established for all employees
- Launch of the first Global High Yield mutual fund
- Launch of global and alternative risk premia strategies
- More than 100 employees
- Assets under management exceed EUR 25 billion
- Start of the Quantum Leaps series of events on current topics at numerous locations
- Opening of the Quoniam London branch
- Tenth quantinvest conference
- 15-year company anniversary
- 90 employees
- Assets under management exceed EUR 20 billion
- Launch of Global Fixed Income MinRisk
- Quoniam is a signatory of the PRI initiative of the United Nations
- Launch of global equity MinRisk strategies
- Launch of global management for equities, corporate bonds and asset allocation
- Union PanAgora becomes Quoniam Asset Management GmbH
- Quoniam Management and Union Investment acquire all shares in PanAgora
- Establishment of the SICAV platform for institutional investors
- Relocation to new offices in the Westhafen Tower, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Assets under management exceed EUR 10 billion
- First quantinvest specialist conference
- Launch of the Euro Credit strategy
- Launch of the European equities MinRisk strategy
- DG Bank AG transfers stake in Union Asset Management Holding AG
- Rebranding as Union PanAgora Asset Management
- Foundation of the joint venture DG PanAgora Asset Management GmbH
Nigel Cresswell, CEO, Managing Partner
Dr Alexander Beck, CTO, Managing Partner
Jonathan Clenshaw, CSO & CMO, Managing Partner
Dr Volker Flögel, CIO, Managing Partner
Silke Weiser-Walther, COO, Managing Partner